So when do you need to upgrade your electrical panel?
An electrical panel upgrade is a big deal. Many times a panel upgrade is not necessary and can cost you anywhere from $1000 to $2500 depending on your situation. Because there is so much profit in electrical panel upgrades many electrical contractors will try to sell you on the need for one even if it is not necessary. So here is what you need to do if you think you might need an upgrade. First check out this link to see if your electrical panel is safe Click Here. Then read through the following common reasons that you may in fact need to upgrade your panel. If after you have gone through this free information you are still unsure drop by our forum and see if you can get the answer you are looking for. At Edward Electric we believe in helping our customers save time, money and headaches, that is why we strive to educate our audience about the most common electrical problems and solutions.
Reasons you may need to upgrade your electrical panel…
- Your panel has fuses instead of circuit breakers
- Your panel is less than 100 amps
- You have one of the panel types listed Here
- You have recently completed a home addition
- Your main breaker keeps tripping
- The inside of your panel has a strong burnt odor or has visible heat damage
- You have added large home appliances to your older home such as an electric oven, spa, air conditioning, etc…
If you think you may need an electrical panel upgrade get in touch with a trusted local electrician who will give you the right solution for your situation. Be upfront with them and let them know that you are expecting an honest evaluation and that you would like to avoid upgrading unless you absolutely have to. If you live in the Temecula,Murrieta or surrounding areas give us a call and we would be delighted to give you an honest evaluation of your homes electrical panel.